STARTING DATE: MID AUGUST 2024
CLOSING DATE: 15 MARCH 2024
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Fixed Term
Founded in 1962, and based on Christian values, the Anglican International School fosters understanding and reconciliation, welcoming students of all faiths or none. The school currently has students from 50 different countries with a staff of 100.
The school hosts a wide and varied program of study for all students aged 2–18, which is aimed at enabling each student to fulfill their potential academically and socially.
As an IB World School (MYP/DP) and a MSA (Middle States Association – USA) School. Children aged 5 -11 are able join the AISJ family in the Primary School where the curriculum is based on the UK curriculum.
Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.
Description of Position:
The Anglican International School, Jerusalem (AISJ) is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher
of Humanities to join our team from August 2024. AISJ is a well-established and progressive International
school in the heart of Jerusalem, catering for students aged 2 to 18 from the international and local
communities. The post will suit a candidate with energy, personal integrity, initiative and the ability to work
closely within a team to contribute to the effective delivery of teaching and learning in Humanities in Middle
School and High School. This post would include a role as a homeroom teacher (form tutor).
AISJ is accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and is an IB World School delivering the IB Middle
Years and Diploma Programs. Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international
background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where
the world goes to school.
The post offers the opportunity to live and work at the epicentre of world politics and religion, in a city that
is vibrant, diverse and enriched by many different cultures and faiths.
The successful applicants will meet the following essential criteria:
A committed and practising Christian.
A qualified teacher
A range of competencies, qualities and experience, ideally including experience of delivering IB
Diploma Program and Middle Years Program English.
An ability to teach across multiple grade levels with ages ranging from 11 – 18 years old.
Excellent command of the English language.
The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, students, and parents
in a multicultural and frequently demanding environment, with sensitivity to local cultural needs.
Please send your fully completed application to email@example.com by Friday 15 th of March 2024.
Please include REF: www.ibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as Secondary English Teacher in the subject line of your mail.