CLOSING DATE: 30 JUNE 2023
STARTING DATE: 15 AUGUST 2023
Description of School:
Founded in 2009, International School of Hellerup (formerly Østerbro International School) is a not-for-profit IB Continuum World School in Copenhagen offering IB Programmes from Pre-K - Grade 12. Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in a student-centered environment by empowering individuals to fulfil their human potential to become purposeful life-long learners and responsible global citizens.
We are currently seeking dedicated, passionate, and student-centered teachers to join our
school in the Primary Years Programme (Pre-K-5th grade) division.
As an Upper PYP Homeroom Teacher, your primary responsibility will be to implement the
programme, develop the curriculum, and create a high-quality learning environment for our
students. This is a part-time, temporary cover position, covering for a teacher on leave, and
requires an 80% commitment.
Requirements for the role:
● Valid primary teaching qualification
● Previous teaching experience in the Upper PYP level within an IB school, across
● Excellent fluency in both written and spoken English
● Residency in Denmark or Southern Sweden
The successful candidate will also:
● Have experience in inquiry-based learning, preferably with experience in facilitating Exhibition
● Demonstrate strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
● Possess effective classroom management skills
● Model an inquiry-based approach to teaching and learning
● Have knowledge and/or experience of, and a commitment to, the educational
philosophies of the International Baccalaureate, specifically the Primary Years Programme
● Design, deliver, and evaluate lessons that stimulate and motivate student learning
● Work and plan in collaboration within curricular teams
● Be caring and compassionate
● Enjoy teaching and working in an internationally-minded environment
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to the attention to Stef Fleet, or Primary School Principal,, at the email email@example.com. Please add REF: www.ibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as MYP French Acquisition Teacher in the subject of your email.
Please note that we will continually evaluate applications and interview candidates. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible and no later than June 30th 2023.