CLOSING DATE: 22 JUNE 2023
STARTING DATE: 7 AUGUST 2023
Description of School:
Founded in 2009, International School of Hellerup (formerly Østerbro International School) is a not-for-profit IB Continuum World School in Copenhagen offering IB Programmes from Pre-K - Grade 12. Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in a student-centered environment by empowering individuals to fulfil their human potential to become purposeful life-long learners and responsible global citizens.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced Physical and Health Education (PHE) Teacher to join our middle school in August 2023. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing, developing, and writing curriculum, with a focus on teaching objectives that promote student well-being, balanced lifestyles, and support for others in achieving the same.
This is a full-time position, and the ideal candidate will:
● Hold a degree in teaching and Physical Education or a related field of study, such as Sport Science.
● Demonstrate recent and consistent involvement in coaching extracurricular sports clubs.
● Have experience in planning, organising, and fulfilling sports fixtures against other schools and internally.
● Exhibit a high level of proficiency in English.
● Demonstrate the ability to plan, deliver, and reflect on lessons that stimulate and motivate student learning and agency.
● Differentiate instruction, equipment, and assessments to cater to the diverse needs of students.
● Possess outstanding collaboration skills.
● Approach problem-solving with a positive and solution-focused mindset.
● Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Be organised, reliable, and available for occasional weekend sports fixtures.
● Utilise strategies that empower a diverse group of students.
● Actively engage and contribute to a positive school environment.
● Preferably have working knowledge of, and experience with, the educational philosophies and practices of the International Baccalaureate, specifically relating to the Middle Years Programme.
● Have the ability to teach another Middle Years Programme subject (an advantage).
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to the attention of our High School Principal, Evis Qeska, at the email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add REF: www.ibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as PHE Teacher - Middle School in the subject of your email.
Please note that we will continually evaluate applications and interview candidates. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible and no later than June 22nd 2023.