CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
STARTING DATE: 1 FEBRUARY 2022
Description of School:
Mingdao High School is an esteemed private school with a rich tradition in Taichung City, central Taiwan. In June, 2018 the Mingdao High School International Department (MDID) was authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, becoming the first IB World School in Taichung City.
MDID was subsequently authorized to offer the IB Middle Years Programme in January, 2019. MDID courses are primarily offered in English, with supporting instruction in Mandarin Chinese where necessary.
MDID teachers and students can access a wealth of resources that support learning and cultivate creativity. We have a full range of sports facilities, state-of-the-art laboratories and maker spaces, even a dedicated TEDx stage. Much of our facilities are new with further improvements planned. For more information, please visit our website, https://www.mdid.info/careers.
Description of Position:
The ideal candidates are available in the new year. State licensed high school teachers who understand the workload and academic rigor demanded by the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to teach motivated students who are working towards an IB Diploma. The successful candidates will join a team of highly professional, talented, dedicated, and diverse IB teachers. Applicants without IB experience who are open to learning the paradigm are welcome, and will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the core principles and practices of the IB, as well as the passion and drive required to meet that challenge. https://www.mdid.info/careers
Start date: August 1st, 2022
Location: Wuri, Taichung, Taiwan
Salary Range: NTD$75,000~110,000 per month depending on education and experience.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
(1) Teach IB Diploma Programme Physics, and Middle Years Programme (MYP) Physics.
(2) Create rich learning experiences that match student needs.
(3) Design formative and summative assessments.
(4) Provide meaningful feedback on formative and summative assessments.
(5) Align curriculum and assessments with IB standards and practices.
(6) Maintain curricular records and document student progress through Managebac.
Ongoing tasks also include:
(7) Balance international-mindedness and respect to local culture.
(8) Improve student language proficiency through subject-specific communication.
(9) Monitor progress and assessment of Language B students.
(10) Communicate with homeroom teachers and parents to maintain links between home and school.
(11) Actively participate in subject-group and interdisciplinary collaboration.
(12) Stay current with MYP & DP Curriculum through consistent updates via MyIB.
Application for Position:
Interested applicants are invited to send the following:
CV or resume
Cover letter addressing your experience, teaching philosophy, classroom management style, and deal working environment
Photocopy of your state-issued teaching license
2-3 Professional letters of reference from supervisors, at least one from a school director preferred
Photocopy of passport (will be requested if accepted for an interview)
Photocopy of all diplomas (will be requested if accepted for an interview)
Photocopy of certificate of no criminal conviction issued by your own country
Recent unit plan
10-15 Minute in-class teaching video if available
Please send your application to email@example.com and include REF: wwwibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as Physics Teacher - MYP and DP in the subject line of your mail.