CLOSING DATE: 30 JUNE 2023
STARTING DATE: 3 AUGUST 2023
Description of School:
Founded in 2009, International School of Hellerup (formerly Østerbro International School) is a not-for-profit IB Continuum World School in Copenhagen offering IB Programmes from Pre-K - Grade 12. Our mission is to provide the highest quality education in a student-centered environment by empowering individuals to fulfil their human potential to become purposeful life-long learners and responsible global citizens.
We are currently seeking a qualified and experienced MYP Design/ Technology Teacher to join our middle
school in August 2023. The successful candidate will be responsible for implementing,
developing, and writing curriculum, with a focus on teaching objectives that promote
creativity, problem-solving skills, and innovation.
This is an 80%-100% position, and the ideal candidate will:
● Hold a degree in teaching and French or a related field of study.
● Demonstrate recent and consistent involvement in guiding students through the
acquisition of French.
● Have experience in planning and delivering engaging French lessons that encourage
communication, student risk taking and collaboration.
● Exhibit a high level of proficiency in English.
● Differentiate instruction, materials, and assessments to cater to the diverse needs of
● Approach problem-solving with a positive and solution-focused mindset.
● Exhibit strong interpersonal and communication skills.
● Be organised, reliable, and available for occasional evening/weekend events or
● Utilise strategies that empower a diverse group of students.
● Actively engage and contribute to a positive school environment.
● Preferably have working knowledge of, and experience with, the educational
philosophies and practices of the International Baccalaureate, specifically relating to
the Middle Years Programme.
● Have the ability to teach another Middle Years Programme subject (an advantage).
● Exhibit strong classroom management skills and interest in working with younger
● Have excellent pastoral care skills, as well as communication skills with parents.
● Possess high level Language Proficiency skills and ability to motivate and promote
To apply, please email your CV and a cover letter to the attention of our Middle School Principal, Abenaa Uttenthal, at the email email@example.com. Please add REF: www.ibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as MYP French Acquisition Teacher in the subject of your email.
Please note that we will continually evaluate applications and interview candidates. We encourage applicants to apply as soon as possible and no later than June 30th 2023.