HUMANITIES TEACHER - MYP/DP- JERUSALEM
STARTING DATE: AUGUST 2023
CLOSING DATE: 7 APRIL 2023
Founded in 1962, and based on Christian values, the Anglican International School fosters understanding and reconciliation, welcoming students of all faiths or none. The school currently has students from 50 different countries with a staff of 100.
The school hosts a wide and varied program of study for all students aged 2–18, which is aimed at enabling each student to fulfill their potential academically and socially.
As an IB World School (MYP/DP) and a MSA (Middle States Association – USA) School. Children aged 5 -11 are able join the AISJ family in the Primary School where the curriculum is based on the UK curriculum.
Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.
Description of Position:
The Anglican International School, Jerusalem (AISJ) is seeking to appoint a dynamic and enthusiastic teacher of Humanities to join our team from August 2023. AISJ is a well-established and progressive International school in the heart of Jerusalem, catering for students aged 2 to 18 from the international and local
communities. The post will suit a candidate with energy, personal integrity, initiative and the ability to work closely within a team to contribute to the effective delivery of teaching and learning in Humanities in Middle School and High School.
AISJ is accredited by the Middle States Association (MSA) and is an IB World School delivering the IB Middle Years and Diploma Programs. Approximately 75% of our student body comes from an international background, with the remaining 25% comprising local Jewish, Muslim and Christian students. AISJ is where the world goes to school.
The post offers the opportunity to live and work at the epicentre of world politics and religion, in a city that is vibrant, diverse and enriched by many different cultures and faiths.
The successful applicants will meet the following essential criteria:
Ability to successfully manage the library across both the Elementary School and Secondary School, establishing goals and expectations with both staff and learners to ensure that it is used to its maximum potential
Ability to resource the library in order to meet teaching goals across the School for the IPC, MYP and IB Programmes.
To be directly involved in teaching and learning across the school, aligning the use of the library to the school’s goals.
Ability to teach relevant classes as required, ensuring high standards of learning that meet with the School’s goals and ethos.
Able to empower students to be critical thinkers, enthusiastic readers, skilful researchers and ethical users of information
Have sound understanding and knowledge of principles and practice of inclusion
Have a sound understanding of the role of the Library as an information centre
Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
A degree plus teaching qualification
Higher degree or recognized professional qualification
Evidence of continued relevant professional development
For a detailed job description and full details of the post, please visit the school website, www.aisj.co.il, or contact Mrs Pauline Franks, at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants for the post should submit a completed AISJ job application form (which can be found on the school website), as well as all required documents as indicated at the bottom of the form. email@example.com
Please include REF: www.ibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as Humanities Teacher in the subject line of your mail.