CLOSING DATE: 30 JUNE 2023
STARTING DATE: 1 AUGUST 2023
Description of School:
Mingdao High School is an esteemed private school with a rich tradition in Taichung City, central Taiwan. In June, 2018 the Mingdao High School International Department (MDID) was authorized to offer the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme, becoming the first IB World School in Taichung City. MDID was subsequently authorized to offer the IB Middle Years Programme in January, 2019. MDID courses are primarily offered in English, with supporting instruction in Mandarin Chinese where necessary.
MDID teachers and students can access a wealth of resources that support learning and cultivate creativity. We have a full range of sports facilities, state-of-the-art laboratories and maker spaces, even a dedicated TEDx stage. Much of our facilities are new with further improvements planned. For more information, please visit our website, https://www.mdid.info/careers.
Description of Position:
The ideal candidate is available the new year, and a state licensed high school English teacher who understands the workload and academic rigor demanded by the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). This is a challenging and rewarding opportunity to teach motivated students who are working towards an IB Diploma.
The successful candidate will join a team of highly professional, talented, dedicated, and diverse IB teachers. Applicants without IB experience but are open to learning the paradigm are welcome and will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of the core principles and practices of the IB, as well as the passion and drive required to meet that challenge.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
(1) Teach MYP & DP English Language Literature
(2) Design appropriate learning experiences that match with student needs.
(3) Design formative and summative assessments.
(4) Provide meaningful feedback on formative and summative assessments.
(5) Develop international-mindedness in the students while maintaining the respect and ties to local culture.
(6) Work independently and collaboratively to design and refine curriculum
(7) Improve language proficiency through subject-specific communication.
(8) Monitor ongoing progress and assess Language B students.
(8) Work with homeroom teachers, meet with parents to maintain links between home and school.
(10) Have an active role in the wider curriculum, participating in interdisciplinary and extracurricular activities.
(11) Stay current with MYP & DP Curriculum through consistent updates via MyIB.
(12) Maintain records of curricular documentation and student work and progress through Managebac.
Location: Wuri, Taichung, Taiwan
Salary Range: NTD$75,000~110,000 per month depending on education and experience.
Application for Position:
Interested applicants are invited to send the following:
CV or resume
Cover letter addressing your experience, teaching philosophy, classroom management style, and deal working environment
Photocopy of your state-issued teaching license
2-3 Professional letters of reference from supervisors, at least one from a school director preferred
Photocopy of passport (will be requested if accepted for an interview)
Photocopy of all diplomas (will be requested if accepted for an interview)
Photocopy of certificate of no criminal conviction issued by your own country
Recent unit plan
10-15 Minute in-class teaching video if available
Please send your application to email@example.com and include REF: wwwibschooljobs.com - Application for Position as English Language & Literature Teacher - in the subject line of your mail.