START DATE: ASAP
CLOSING DATE: UNTIL FILLED
We offer a rich educational program, structured upon well-established curriculum guidelines from the Mexican Ministry of Education and the IB Primary Years Program. As an IB World School, we ensure a safe and thoughtful environment in which students are encouraged to grow as independent, respectful, responsible, and active citizens.
We value constructivism and Multiple Intelligences as important components of the teaching/learning process. At the American School, we promote a cooperative and friendly work environment. We believe strongly in the importance of reflection, inquiry, and professional development.
We believe we teach our students to Live, Love and Learn! All learning at ASFC must exemplify our 5 Pillars: International Mindedness, Caring & Collaborative, Principled Communicators, Environmentally Cultured, Creative & Critical Thinkers; all within the framework of community values.
The American School is situated in Tuxtla Gutiérrez, the capital city of the beautiful state of Chiapas. Tuxtla is a fast growing, bustling city, alive with the vivid colors and energy of Mexico. Not far from the city are mountains, canyons, beaches, pyramids, and the ocean, just waiting to be explored. Tuxtla Gutierrez offers delightful sunny weather all year round, delicious culinary flavors, and a culture rich in history and tradition. Here you can combine the security of access to familiar amenities with the excitement of living abroad in a Spanish-speaking community.
Description of Position:
The American School Foundation of Chiapas, A.C. is looking for passionate and professional full-time 21st Century Librarian. We are interested in people who have a genuine interest in education, who value their work as a profession, not a pastime, and who have a Bachelor’s Degree or higher.Proven teaching ability, experience in digital media literacies, Bilingual in English and Spanish, strong interpersonal skills, pedagogical leader, creative hub for the school, and a lover of reading!
• Making the Library “The heart of the school”!
• Promote literacy school wide and making the Library an exciting place to be!
• Being a pedagogical leader in the school and communicating with the school leadership
• Committed building the school’s literacy program K-12.
• Supporting others in collaborative planning by providing inquiry resources from the library.
• Ensuring literacy standards for implementation are understood, and that the program is planned, taught and assessed collaboratively.
• Responsible for the development and implementation of the program.
• Responsible for organizing, up keeping and promoting all library resources.
• Teaching students and teachers courses and/or workshops that improve their literacy proficiencies.
• Multicultural skills that promote international mindedness as an inquiry support in both English and Spanish.
• A creative and fun educator that is approachable!
• Please check full description of an IB librarian at: http://www.ibo.org/ib-world-archive/may-2011-issue-62/between-the-pages/
We offer a two year contract; starting ASAP, which can be extended after two years.
2 year contract (renewable after 2 years)
Salary: Competitive NET salary, dependent on experience and best paid standards for the Region.
8 hour work day
FREE Housing at American School Residencies (private apartments with kitchen, living room and dining room, and full bathroom; air conditioning, swimming pool, recreation area, laundry room, small gym, security, free Wi-Fi, close to school grounds and private neighborhood
Yearly round-trip airfare bonus!
VISA processing fees and costs
Private and National Health insurance
5 (five) weeks or more paid vacation each year
Statutory holidays (Mexican holiday calendar)
International Baccalaureate Courses and/or other PD opportunities
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and a current CV (including photo) via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and include REF: ibschooljobs - Application for Position as Librarian K12 in the subject line of your mail.
Once all documents have been received, we will contact you by phone or email to arrange an interview.